Waves. The Adult-only side of the hotel is closed until end May 2024 for full refurbishment (subject to verification).
Now part of the Marriott Group of hotels in Barbados,the redesigned all-inclusive Waves Hotel and Spa is located on a stretch of white pristine beach on the Platinum West Coast of the island. The ocean front hotel offers a unique holiday where the all-inclusive experience goes beyond premium accommodation and versatile dining. The focus on mind & wellness,freshly prepared dishes, cultural, artistic and local activities provides an opportunity for guests to unwind and reconnect. This eco-chic wellness hotel, nestled on a beach-side cliff, caters to those seeking a mind and body holiday:
whether guests are looking for a serene, adult-only escape in the dedicated spa side of the property or a high-energy communal oceanfront lounge setting, the 70 room hotel offers an authentic Barbados experience for all ages. The hotel is located just 30 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and 15 minutes from Bridgetown, the capital of Barbados.
The Waves Hotel & Spa 70 room eco-chic hotel offers an authentic Barbados experience to all ages with 70 stunning oceanfront rooms and suites. The rooms follow a simplistic design with natural materials and earthy tones.
- All rooms & suites feature king size beds, sofas, air conditioning, 47″ flat screen TVs, bluetooth speakers, multi device chargers, Wi-Fi, yoga mats, bathrobes, mini-fridge with water, kettles, iron & iron board, hairdryer, electronic laptop size safe & more
- Oceanfront Junior Suites and duplex suites feature stocked minibar
- All rooms are non-smoking
Waves Hotel & Spa offers two restaurants & bars plus coffee shop & deli
SEASCAPE – MEDITERRANEAN INSPIRED CUISINE
The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offering a lunch buffet and Mediterranean infused a la carte dinner menus as well as a variety of international theme nights.
KYMA – COFFEE SHOP & DELI
The coffee & deli shop is mostly a day time affair serving up specialty hot or cold coffees, lattes and teas as well as Grab & Go food including fresh salads and sandwiches. On select nights, the outlet will open for special evening events like wine pairings, rum tastings or culinary workshops.
SHISO – ASIAN FUSION DINING
The Asian-inspired restaurant will feature freshly made to order noodle and rice bowls with authentic flavours and spices.
TASTE OF ELEGANCE DINE AROUND PROGRAMME
As part of the Marriott Hotels offering, all guests can participate in the “Taste of Elegance” dine around programme with select sister properties, providing access to over 15 restaurants and bars.
INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY:
- All meals, snacks as well as non-alcoholic & alcoholic beverages by the glass including a variety of house wines, cocktails, sparkling wines, beers and more
- Motorised and non-motorised water sports, fitness classes & recreational activities
- Spa treatments – Up to four spa treatments per guest per stay (depending on room category booked and subject to minimum length of stay)
- Three rounds of golf in 2016 at Barbados South Coast Golf Club including transfers & clubs
- Fitness centre and classes including Yoga, Pilates and more
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Water Taxi to select sister properties
- Dine Around Programme with other Marriott Hotels properties
ON-SITE PROPERTY FEATURES:
- Two on-site restaurants, featuring seasonally inspired and freshly prepared cuisine plus a signature Coffee Shop & Deli
- Room Service (available from 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. subject to delivery charge)
- Two bars serving a selection of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages by the glass including a variety of cocktails, sparkling wine, beers and more
- Two swimming pools – one adult only serenity pool with whirl pool (unheated) surrounded by comfortable loungers and one lounge pool with comfortable cabanas and daybeds Lobby, bar & oceanfront deck surrounded by Caribbean views
- Communal area with day to night-time lounging areas
- Fitness centre, Yoga Pavilion & Fitness classes
Fabulous hotel wait beautiful views and beach.
This hotel is closing early April 2016 and being taken over by Elegant Hotels and will be fully re-furbed.
Plus points - nice beach and you could walk along the beach to other properties (Cyrstal Cove being the first one). The food was really good. Lots of fresh fish everyday and a good variety. Buffet style at lunch times and evenings was a la carte. Sparkling rose and white wine always available and plentiful (not usually available in other AI resorts). Friendly staff.
Negatives - property is small and split either side of a main road so half the rooms on the beach side will have a view of the road. It didn't seem like an AI resort, it was more like a hotel. Only 1 hotel bar but they did have someone to get your drink orders on the beach in the mornings and afternoons. Seemed a bit tired in places but this will change in the refurb.